Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- CDL Class A required
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense
- Ability to work in seasonal temperatures (year round temperatures)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moves trailers from the dock doors to drop yard, moves warehouse trailers as needed
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Clean and organized work area.
- Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
- Performs Pre-trip Safety Inspections of truck each day
- Fuels Spotter trucks and fuels trailers as needed
- Wash inside of trailer when needed
- Start and stops units to pre-cool trailers as needed
- Communicates with Load Coordinator, Shipping Supervisor, Forklift operator and Security Guards
- Other duties as directed.
“The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.”