SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager for Pilgrim’s who can help us in our digital transformation journey dealing with IT, automation, and technology projects in our entire supply chain and support innovation. This person will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
- You will drive and manage data, AI, IT and smart technologies driven digital transformation program by establishing agile focused PMO process, to support innovation/renovation and productivity projects while assuring product superiority and business alignment.
- You will work with cross functional teams and business partners to ensure projects are successfully executed and delivered on time and within budget.
- You will be accountable for project timelines, financials, action plans and risks of the projects.
- You will conduct business opportunity discovery workshops with internal stakeholders and customers by mapping the process, identifying the root cause, and determining business requirements to build use cases.
- You will organize, report, and communicate the communications of the project to executive management.
- You will identify and propose best practices and improvement to the project management process.
- You will create a strategy for multiple teams in partnership with engineering, QA, O&E, product management, design, marketing, sales, and customer support.
- You will collaborate on software feature definition and prioritization.
- Be an advisor and trusted partner to Leaders to ensure the teams are operating efficiently, have high engagement and are delivering on goals and commitments.
- You will lead by example and coach others to encourage challenging discussions and present to partners at all levels.
- You will be managing a portfolio of projects by rebalancing our resource allocation and provide visibility to the executive team with calibrated ROI.
- You will inspect projects for quality assurance. Perform project closure activities including release of contract and permanent team members from the project, and completing lessons learned and project implementation review of best practices and engage company with the successful achievements.
- You will assess operational processes to identify potential areas of conflict and develop options to solve/improve; Lead on-going process improvements to improve execution and efficiency.
- Identify and solve for evolving gaps and emerging needs in skills, process and tool capabilities, and capacity to support sustained long-term business growth thereby achieving a greater level of maturity as a PMO organization.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action. Conducts risk and cost/benefit analyses, manages risk associated with projects, and devises strategies to deal with unexpected crises and unresolved risks.
- Drives the implementation of the strategy through a formal brief presented to key internal and external stakeholders to develop a detailed tactical and KPI measurement plan.
- Monitor your team's program status and identify issues and risks while serving as an escalation point to resolve blockers.
- Creates a collaborative work environment that fosters transparency, autonomy, innovation, and learning.
- Coordinates the work of consultants and team members who have been assigned responsibility for various portions of a project; establishes work plan responsibilities and scope of authority; ensures technical proficiency and productivity of project staff and arranges for training, as necessary.
- Provide project management for high priority, enterprise projects using JBS PMO Guidelines
- Project Proposal Preparation including formal Request for Proposal.
- Statement of Work Evaluation and Negotiation
- Scope Execution with Technical and Business Teams
- Travel may be required for some projects.
- Continuous evaluation and re-ordering of priorities for self, IT and business project team members
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years related IT project management experience
- Experience in setting up and running Project Management Office
- 2+ years of program management experience
- PMP certification is a huge plus.
- 2+ years of project management experience in AGILE, SAFe, SCRUM or KANBAN methodologies.
- 1 or 2 years of Busines Analyst experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in data management, BI tools(PowerBI, Tableau, Qlicksense..), Microsoft Office Suite and other project related software
- Candidate must work well with external vendors, establish on-going relationships with the business, attention to detail, highly sensitive and responsive to fast moving business change.
- Leadership abilities including problem solving, negotiation, facilitation, decision making and change management.
- Understating and usage of latest IT technologies and smart tools.
- Experience in food industry a big plus.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated project management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to solidify business requirements and specifications into IT and technology projects.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to hold scope to approved agreement.
- Ability to effectively mentor project team members
- Ability to work in challenging environments.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of issues and work problems.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to Greeley, CO
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment.
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays.
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule.
- Base salary range of $84,000 - $130,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.