Food Nutritionist / Ingredient Regulatory Specialist
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Nutritionist / Ingredient Regulatory Specialist reports to Research and Development and drives innovation and impact. This role supports the development of food products by applying nutrition-based science to meet customer and consumer requirements and needs.
- Functions as the professional nutrition education resource for internal and external partners.
- Helps drive customer/consumer product quality on new and existing products through ingredient management.
- As the nutrition expert - will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams: Marketing, Regulatory, Developers, Insights and Innovations, Suppliers and Production Teams.
- Should be able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritizes with assistance from manager.
- Has a deep understanding of Food Nutrition and Industry trends to support new product development and portfolio recommendations.
- Develop partnerships with internal and external team members.
- Provide training, mentoring and development of Nutritional Formulations to product developers.
- Responsible for new ingredient creations and on-going management
- Assists in creation of Nutrition Facts Panels and supports business with all nutrition-based support
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Dietetics, Human Nutrition or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a consumer-packaged goods company, preferred
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), preferred
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organization skills, project management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Team player & Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP preferred