Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Elkhart, IN
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Swift Prepared Foods is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Swift Prepared Foods was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think big, dream big and work to make big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
This role will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of a food manufacturing facility. The position is responsible to oversee the successful production of food products, while ensuring safe working environment, preventing injuries and accidents remain compliant with Process Safety Management (PSM), OSHA and other safety and environment regulations.
- Overall owner of Plant KPIs, including but not limited to:
- Team member safety
- Quality & Food Safety
- Schedule adherence
- Financial metrics
- Provide supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports
- Coordinate the development of RCA’s and Action plans to solve problems and make improvements
- Face of Swift and JBS in the local community
- Responsible for setting the culture for the facility and upholding JBS Values
- Give work directions, resolve problems, prepare schedules, and set deadlines to ensure timely completion of work
- Monitor and analyze costs and help prepare annual budgets
- Manage and work closely with Plant functional leads including Safety, Quality, HR, Finance, Maintenance & Engineering
Work 45+ hours per week in production areas. Exposed to all hazards present, including slippery floors, machinery, noise, extreme temperature variations, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements
- 7+ years of experience in food processing management
- Experience with meat processing strongly preferred
- Experience with change management
- Proven track record of high performance in a food processing plant, preferably sliced deli meats
- Basic understanding of OSHA and EPA regulations and requirements
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Strong math & reading/comprehension skills
- Continuous Improvement & Supply Chain experience a plus
- Computer skill such as Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Track recommendations and action items, work with senior leadership to implement proposed changes in a timely manner
- Able to provide in-field support on a daily basis
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers. We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan. Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.