ACCOUNTANT / FINANCIAL ANALYST
Planterra Foods is a fully funded plant-based protein start-up. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the second largest global food company and the world’s largest protein producer.
We are building our team and looking for a talented and driven financial/accounting professional to be based Lafayette, CO who will help us build the best plant-based protein company in the world!
The Financial Analyst/Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and finance activities including the recording of journal entries, the reconciliation of general ledger accounts and analysis of various accounting schedules and financial reports. This position reports to the Head of Accounting and Finance.
- Month-end ledger closing process
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations
- Data accumulation/analysis of balance sheet and P/L accounts
- Daily, weekly and monthly account analysis to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Budget to actual variance analysis
- Assist with monthly and quarterly internal reporting
- Assist with annual budget and reforecasting periods
- Provide accounting and financial support to other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years of progressive finance/accounting experience
- Financial / Accounting experience within a CPG a plus
- Proven analytical skills, including the understanding of general accounting principles.
- Solid organizational skills, including strong detail orientation and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Superb communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Large ERP experience with SAP a plus.