POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all financial aspects of operations accounting as a key member of the facility management team. The Accounting Manager work closely with operations and accounting management to reduce costs through reporting and analysis, weekly & monthly financial preparation and reporting including budgeting, to assist and direct the development of internal control procedures, standards, and compliance as it pertains to the Sarbanes Oxley Act and to insure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Preparing or directing preparation of reports summarizing business activity operational expenses and variances.
- Assisting with the development of internal control procedures, standards and compliance.
- Ensuring proper segregation of duties exists and company assets are safeguarded.
- Managing accounting function at the location to ensure cross-training and adequate coverage across all functions and appropriate staff development.
- Coordinating preparation of yearly budgets.
- Responsible for the preparation of weekly, monthly financials and variance reporting.
- Reconciling appropriate balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Managing and controlling payroll functions.
- Working with internal and external audit agencies on quarterly and annual income statements.
- Responsible for inventory controls and accuracy.
- Other duties as required by management and supervision.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance with 18 credit hours in accounting preferred.
- 5-7 years experience combined operational accounting
- Knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system, Excel and Microsoft.
- Must be able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare a variety of financial statements, reports and analyses.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing fiscal recordkeeping.
- Understanding of payroll, general ledger, accounts payable, and cost accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong leadership and team skills.
- Knowledge of principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.