This position manages and coordinates the activities of the Refrigeration and Boiler Departments.
- Schedules powerhouse and refrigeration personnel to maintain the department for optimal facility operation.
- Prepares and supervises preventive maintenance (PM) schedules to maintain all systems under the powerhouse and ammonia refrigeration departments.
- Reviews utilities reports.
- Addresses issues that arise which could adversely impact the operational performance of the facility.
- Insures that all OSHA, PSM standards are maintained in a timely and accurate manner.
- Trains personnel in proper operation of equipment and works toward RETA certification for all reports.
- Manages and maintains the maintenance budget for refrigeration.
- Ensures all systems are operated in compliance with OSHA, ASHRAE, and PSM policies and procedures.
- Schedules work crews for 24 hour coverage.
- Oversees all projects related to the plant ammonia system.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of technical school training or high school with comparable experience. BS/BA Degree in Applied Sciences such as Poultry Science, Animal Science or Biology preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 - 10 years in ammonia refrigeration experience.
- RETA certification a plus.
- Must have demonstrated ability to train and supervise subordinates.
- Must be able to work well with management personnel.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work all days/shifts as needed.