VARIETY MEATS PROGRAM MANAGER
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The program manager will be responsible for managing offal program growth and strategic fresh sales of the Regional Beef offal programs and products. Candidate will be responsible for $/hd contribution and improvement to Regional Beef variety meats drop credit values, as well as leading program and new product growth, particularly as it relates to fresh offal. Must understand yields and the relationship to breakeven cost. Critical communication to sales and scheduling are necessary to assist in the overall growth of programs and revenue enhancement.
- Program Management
- Support the teams with program specific questions and needs
- Submit NPRs track through the system
- Prioritize appropriately to maximize margin and customer service
- Support the Marketing team to develop sales materials
- Establish pricing strategy for fresh/value added offal items
- Product Manager
- Sample Requests, First Order Checklists, and Pre-Shipment Inspections
- Monitor product quality and enforce product specs; both at the operations and customer level
- Support the teams with product spec questions and needs
- Work with operations and sales to evaluate and develop new product opportunities
- Product Mix Management
- Manage the yields and market conditions to your favor.
- Understand and drive critical fresh/frozen mix, led by total revenue contribution.
- Develop Fresh Offal programs and manage commitments
- Plan for mix shifts and drive the scheduling and sales teams to execute.
- Support scheduling team with production forecasting to accurately manage sales availability across frozen & fresh production.
- Drive $/head valuation
- Develop markets, think outside of the box to drive value
- Specialty product development
- Understand yields and meat breakeven; here we can find and drive value in competitive advantage
- Develop and maintain appropriate reporting, i.e. market recaps, high to low, pricelists
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in the beef industry; beef variety meat experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Ability to navigate relationships sales, pricing, scheduling, production and business analysis departments; as well as key customers
- Strong communication, sales planning skills preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Advance Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, QlikView experience preferred Located in Greeley, CO – JBS Headquarters
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $85,000 - $105,000 annually; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.