Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Recruit, interview, select, and facilitate on-boarding process for both hourly and management
- Post job ads on professional sites, job sites and social media
- Responsible for compliance with applicable laws and company policies per federal, state and company specific guidelines.
- Must be able to travel 50-75% of the time, especially during prime recruiting season
- Contact and develop relationships with advertising agencies/resources
- Managing Internal and External communication for the plant
- Participate in candidate sourcing efforts
- Assist teams in screening resumes
- Continuous Recruiting Efforts, sourcing all contacts
- Manage calendar for all hiring and recruiting events
- Communicate with candidates clearly and articulately
- Use recruiting software to keep track of open roles
- Research areas of Employment opportunities to recruit
- Assist Employment Manager & Participate in recruiting events
- Promote positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process
- Ability to work comfortably in a widely diverse environment.
- Must be comfortable working in a meat processing environment.
- Must be able to work weekends as needed either traveling for recruiting or covering in the plant
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, cold temperatures, and loud ambient noise
- 3-4 years’ experience in recruiting and sourcing new talent
- Successful applicant will have strong communication and problem solving skills with experience in employee relations, recruitment, interviewing, selection, and hiring laws and best practices.
- Familiarity with the entire recruitment lifecycle
- Excellent communication & Customer Service skills
- Ability to juggle multiple calendars
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Critical-thinking skills
- Multi-lingual skills preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills- Including phone etiquette
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi task
- Computer skills and knowledge of basic office software necessary ((Word, Excel, Access, etc)
- Trustworthy – Will be handling confidential material must maintain confidentiality
- Excellent Attendance Record
- Able to bend, stoop, and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Flexible – Team Player
- Prior experience in unionized environment
- Communication/public relations skills required
- Proficient Grammar skills
- Must be willing to travel 50-75%
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required/Some College Preferred
Comments: The schedule for this position is typically Mon - Fri. Weekend work required as scheduled. During Prime Manufacturing and Recruiting Season, Saturdays are typically scheduled.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.