THIRD SHIFT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - EVISCERATION
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of departmental operations and personnel to meet established production, quality control and safety standards.
- Ensures activities meet short-term goals established for processing continuity and balance such as creating shift schedules, ordering materials, machine loading, grievance resolution and equipment maintenance.
- Works with other plant function areas as needed to ensure support in attaining output, productivity and quality.
- Schedules, trains and motivates processing labor force to ensure consistent attainment of processing schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels. Interviews and recommends individuals for open positions.
- Recommends improvements in production flow or methods.
- Uses operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and to improve product quality.
- Notifies management personnel of machines and/or equipment that could be modified to improve processing and quality of products.
- Responsible for daily departmental safety inspections, safety observations and incident investigations on an as needed basis.
- Maintains compliance with Pilgrim's Cardinal Safety Rules. Must complete DuPont Safety Observation training.
- 3 or more years of previous Supervisory experience.
- Poultry or food industry experience a plus.
- Previous leadership skills with 20 or more employees.
- Effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Capable of independent decision making.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; College Degree in related field preferred.