FABRICATION MAINTENANCE PLANNER-19881
Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Location: JBS Omaha Beef Plant
Reporting to: Maintenance Superintendent
Overview: Provides overall maintenance planning and scheduling support which includes contract maintenance, planning of repairs and results and rebuilds. Provides supervision of SAP data entry/maintenance and is responsible for the plant’s preventive & predictive maintenance program.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain equipment records in SAP by adding or updating equipment installation records, maintaining equipment attributes such as ABC, type and functional location and maintaining equipment catalog profiles to drive part failure data collection
- Setup and maintain all predictive and preventative maintenance plans in SAP to maximize equipment reliability.
- Determine the most effective method/tool to conduct preventative and predictive maintenance checks
- Setup PM plan in SAP for each piece of equipment, including frequency, mechanic tasks, parts needs, tools needed, safety procedures
- Generate PM work orders in SAP from the PM plans projecting 14-28 days in advance
- Monitor and report if PM work is being completed to maintain equipment reliability, and comply with regulations and audits
- Release and schedule PM work orders to maintenance crews
- Seek input from maintenance supervisors to continually improve and adjust PM plans based on equipment and part performance/failure
- Monitor and analyze SAP part failure data (along with supervisors and maintenance manager) to detect trends (good or bad)
- Plan and Schedule Corrective work to maximize crew utilization and effectiveness
- Reviews work request (SAP Notifications), collaborates with requestor, and creates the work order as well as work order packets for mechanics
- Plans the work, including estimated labor by craft (Mech, Elect, Refrig), and special equipment or permits needed.
- Identifies and reserves parts (or creates purchase requisitions) for parts and services.
- Maintains a task list library for reuse.
- Interfaces with operations to validate work priority and equipment availability
- Collaborates with Maintenance Supervisors on next week’s available hours (crew size), to build weekly schedule
- Reviews Planned Backlog of work that is ready to execute, selecting and scheduling backlog work to crews while minimizing scheduled overtime
- Strong working knowledge of industrial maintenance and electrical functions
- Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade degree preferred
- Ability to read and interpret technical/engineering documents, drawings, schematics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a changing shift schedule and on a rotating weekend on call list
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, and the ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input data, research parts and analyze repair history detail.
- Thorough working knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Purchasing, and Microsoft Office products. Prefer SAP experience.
- Must be able to be exposed to extreme temperatures, outside weather in all conditions, high noise environments, work areas near moving mechanical parts and any chemicals used in production process