The COVID Supervisor reports to the COVID Superintendent and is responsible for directing and providing COVID-19 pandemic preparedness and response oversight for the facility. The position oversees development and implementation of pandemic response practices and audits adherence to those practices, ensures compliance with CDC, and OSHA requirements, and conducts root-cause analyses of plant level pandemic-related issues. The Supervisor monitors and documents the effectiveness of the pandemic control measures used in the facility, and ensures alignment with the plant and corporate safety program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with COVID Superintendent to cultivate the plant pandemic response culture.
- Serve as the plant level pandemic response subject matter expert.
- Manage pandemic response resources and related departmental budgets.
- Manage plant level COVID cleaning crew(s).
- Manage social distancing (e.g., locker rooms, bathrooms, cafeteria, and other common/production areas of the facility).
- Regular validation of internal interventions using Validation Checklist.
- Ensure appropriate signage in multiple languages is posted throughout the facility.
- When necessary plan, request, and assist in the hiring of new personnel.
- Work within the plant framework to foster the career growth of direct reports.
- Serve as the primary contact on pandemic issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with plant, business unit, and corporate level team members.
- Create, manage, and review site specific pandemic compliance programming.
- Appraise and implement new health regulations as they relate to plant operations.
- Ensure that team members are adequately trained in pandemic response plan procedures.
- Work as the internal incident manager, ensuring that pandemic-related emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
- Oversee, manage and ensure pandemic orientation for all new team members.
- Review all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for pandemic related issues.
- Review subcontractor pandemic programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, and CDC regulations.
- Conduct pandemic response audits. Audits will include a brief summary report noting any deviations from the pandemic response plan and corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the health and safety of workers and the public.
- Organize and conduct pandemic response training as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the COVID Superintendent
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prefer a minimum 3-5 years’ safety, or production, or related field.
- Four-year degree in safety, engineering is preferred.
The Supervisor is required to be competent in the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Strong supervision skills
- Proven ability to lead others
- Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate employees and communicate objectives and action plans.
- Ability to research pertinent facts, data and other information from internal and external sources
- Proficient use of computer and corresponding programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement behavioral-based safety techniques to improve/maintain response plan performance
- Ability to establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Please click on the link and follow the instruction below:
Click on the JBS “VIEW JOBS” – OPEN POSITIONS
Click on SELECT A LOCATION: PLAINWELL, MI
CLICK ON “SEARCH”
You will find ALL OPENINGS FOR PLAINWELL FACILITY.
Click on the COVID SUPERVISOR POSITION - CLICK ON APPLY