SENIOR MARKET INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Senior Market Intelligence Analyst for Pilgrim’s ROLE that will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley, CO.\
The goal of this role is to become an integral and trusted advisor of proactive insights to the Risk Management team, while generating effective market opportunities for our company. This role is responsible for building our framework in how we understand the grain and oilseeds market, track supply and demand variables, forecast output and prices, update and communicate our view as new data comes in and create insights that will serve as input to our trading and Risk mitigating strategies. He/she will be responsible for further developing our market Intelligence program for each commodity, organizing and developing our Market Intelligence routines, setting processes to provide insights and collaborate with different stakeholders.
- A successful candidate must be a cultural fit and appreciate our company values.
- He/she should take the initiative, be curious, well-informed, independent and motivated by creating market opportunities.
- Must build meaningful relationships with the traders, become a trusted advisor, be embedded in their processes in a fast paced environment, effectively manage their expectations and align on priorities that deliver the most impactful insights.
- Have a clear and concise communication.
- The person should be able to easily understand the market dynamics, create a broad and deep understanding of this market, its structure and changing conditions, connect with the company objectives and the big picture, while being able to effectively provide meaningful recommendations.
- Needs a strong quantitative and analytical background, translate market information to insights, so that we can use it to drive decisions in a fact based environment and translate data into strategy that will lead to profitable decisions.
- Must be able to build a strong network to keep track of the market movements and have a strong sense of urgency to still comprehensively update our market view.
- He/she must have a growth and research mindset, test and verify our knowledge of the market factors / fundamentals, create and develop new tools and process to support current routines, and have the strong drive to constantly improve.
- He/she must be organized to manage projects along with routines and requests.
- Stakeholder management:
- Work closely with stakeholders to proactively diagnose their main opportunities, identify strategic initiatives, set the right priorities and relevant research agenda.
- Be fully integrated into with Stakeholder decision making processes, anticipate their needs, take a consultative approach to meet their demands.
- Define each commodity key market indicators or topics, map relevant information and develop our market view.
- Strive to create a pipeline of opportunities for the stakeholders in line with their goals, while helping guide their strategies.
- Collaborate with different teams to identify opportunities, track actions and support the execution of strategies until we realize these opportunities.
- Deliverables:Conduct Market & Strategy Review with the teams.
- Deliver global grain and oilseed industry supply chain regular updates: supply, demand, trade and price.
- Produce regular daily, weekly and monthly reports and analysis.
- Perform grain and oilseeds demand analysis for all relevant segments, working closely with our protein market intel and local teams to form our view.
- Develop market insights by studying futures and cash grain markets.
- Generate short term and longer term sector forecasts.
- Maintain current and emerging developments/trends, assess the impact, and collaborates with traders to incorporate them to our trading and hedging strategies.
- Provide assistance to the traders on helping identify market opportunities and provide insight.
- Convey market research and analysis to traders through written reports and oral communications
- Respond to information requests.
- Present insights to other partners when needed, as well as at company events.
- Market Intelligence Process:Leverage our internal and external resources to collaborate on insights.
- Further develop our market intelligence network, establishing information sharing with industry associations, government departments, and major companies to provide a comprehensive view of the marketplace, while also building our field intelligence program.
- Develop and manage our market information database, manage multiple data sources, build our dashboards, platforms and automate processes.
- Implement well-vetted analytical methodologies, build models, improve our fundamentals and forecast models, leveraging varying data analytical techniques.
- Develop our communication devices (reports, forums, webinars, meetings, etc.) and routines to appropriately share actionable intelligence with audiences in a timely manner.
- Develops and continually improves Market Intelligence program to provide an understanding of the external marketplace and offer insight into impacts potential courses of action for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Agriculture, Statistics, Business, or related field. Masters or PHD in Agriculture Economics or Economics would be preferred.
- 4 - 5 years of work experience in Grain and Oilseeds Market Research roles.
- Has worked in a cross functional environment, with proven insights experience to commodity trading teams.
- Econometrics, modeling, and quantitative research skills
- Mostly domestic, up to 50% depending on the time of the year.
- Excellent communication, networking, collaborative and relational skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, consultative and problem solving skills.
- Organized and able to work with multiple and competing priorities.
- Researcher mindset, with a great ability to communicate and present insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of trading tools and methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with pulling data from various data sources.
- Good understanding of how to properly display data.
- Understanding of reporting tools and concepts.
- QlikView, data management, working knowledge of VBA, statistical analysis and tools.