- Direct the Hatchery to produce the highest quality chicks at the highest percentage hatch rate possible for the lowest cost.
- Ensure that the Hatchery, Tech Advisors, and Contract Producers follow Animal Welfare guidelines.
- Plans production, spending, and capital improvement projects.
- Prepares yearly budget for the hatchery.
- Controls cost in labor, repairs, supplies, and vaccines.
- Prepares monthly reports and graphs on hatchery performance.
- Reports egg fertility and hatching residue results, as needed, to breeder department.
- Ensure compliance with Company and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Ensures completion of all quality assurance checks for the following: chick quality, vaccination checks, equipment checks, and maintenance work.
- Follow D.O.T. regulations as well as environmental regulations.
- Consult with company veterinarian before making changes.
- Prepares employee schedules, approves vacation requests, and hires new employees as needed
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Typically requires an Associates Degree or completion of Vocational/Technical specialty certification/licensure program in a related field. Bachelors degree in related field is preferred.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- SAP experience preferred
- Able to work evenings/weekends as needed