2ND SHIFT PLANT HEALTH STRATEGY TECHNICIAN
DIVISION: Pork Business Unit
LOCATION: Ottumwa, IA
POSITION: Plant Health Strategy Technician
STATUS: Salaried Non-Exempt
HOURS: 2nd Shift
GENERAL DESCRIPTION PLANT HEALTH & SAFETY TEAM MEMBER:
Work closely with the PHSM (Plant Health & Safety Manager) and the PHSS (Plant Health & Safety Supervisor) to cultivate plant pandemic response. As a crisis response team member you will help stimulate maximum pandemic response culture. Be willing to be trained in pandemic response plan procedures. Perform operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures. Take part in pandemic response training as necessary.
Assist with pandemic response audits, ensures compliance with CDC and OSHA requirements.
Some duties are subject to change.
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Highly organized and self-starter
- Great communication skills, oral and written
- High flexibility and adaptability
- Supervisory skills; interpersonal skills, conflict resolution
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS, if applicable:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Work closely with the Plant Health Strategy Supervisors to cultivate plant pandemic response.
- Help to ensure that plant sanitation team members are adequately trained for their work assignment. Monitor/correct sanitation team members not adhering to schedule, work assignment or poor work performance observed
- Perform Biosecurity audit, Communal audit, IR camera screening, facility assessment, supplies inventory, Sanitizer refill, perform power breezer sanitation misting on Sunday and maintain proper record
- Meet/Greet new hire in orientation
- Help to ensure compliance with CDC and OSHA requirements
- Monitor employee’s compliance with company policies regarding social distancing, masks and face shields compliance.
- Verify and document plant cleaning and sanitizing
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing as directed
- Address employees at plant level with opportunities as observed
- Perform special tasks or project as directed by supervisors
- Monitor proper utilization of partitions in production, cafeteria and office areas
- Understand and comply with company policies at all times
- Perform compliance audits as directed
- Some duties are subject to change
Some college experience recommended
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.