ONBOARDING COORDINATOR - DAY SHIFT
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports both HR and operations in training and onboarding of new hires. It is responsible for the effective floor training, establishing constructive relationships, and answering any questions and concerns from the respective new hires.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Ensure all safety policies and expectations are being met by new hires
- Manage the overall experience of new hires from day 1 to 60 days or when the new hire becomes qualified, whichever comes first.
- Administer, track, and evaluate all new hire floor training to include but not limited to: hours of training per week, qualification status, attendance, turnover, fostering new hire/supervisor relationship, weekly meetings, and other duties as assigned
- Supervise new-hires during the training period and make recommendations to management and/or Human Resources regarding training needs, concerns and continued employment.
- Develop and promote positive working relationships with new hires, peers, leaders and clients
- Meet with supervisors, Human Resources, and coordinators to review production processes and product specifications
- Participate on HR & company committees
- Fulfill the below key performance indicators: 30 and 60 day retention, minimum of 2 Safety Observations per week, JSA completions of all new hires, and others as assigned
- Meet the following expectations: instill all Pilgrims’ values, do not work on the line, no new hires moved, complete all training documents, ensure trainees are qualified timely, complete weekly meetings with new hires and supervisors, follow up with superintendent and training supervisor on any new hire issues, and focus all attention and resources on new hires and their successful on boarding
- Other duties as required
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School Diploma/ GED; Associates Degree or two years of college coursework in Communications, HR, or similar field preferred but not required; experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Bilingual preferred
- Highly motivational and positive, considered a great people person
- Previous training experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in all duties of the specific department
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional communication and demeanor
- Ability to present ideas, concepts, issues, concerns, and questions in a well thought out, positive, and professional manner to employees
- Disciplined, confident and self-starter
- Able to work independently
- Must be willing to work in a plant/industrial environment
- Must have great attendance record and be in good standing
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.