Job Title: Cost Analyst
Location: Booneville, MS or Council Bluffs, IA
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The cost analyst position functions as a business support person to the plant and financial management team. The position assists in effectively managing and controlling the local business and is responsible for plant level costs and control including general accounting, cost accounting, bill of material audits, inventory reconciliations, and cost analysis. The position supports month-end close and special projects as requested, and works closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact the financial results as well as educate/inform department(s) on cost divers and variances. Finally, the position will work with the innovation team on developing cost standards for new product/process to determine economic impact of these new initiatives.
- Interact with Production Control to ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate and up to date. Review and audit BOM’s and Recipes to ensure they reflect the latest manufacturing practices.
- Research variances and discrepancies as needed on BOMs. Broadcast results. Recommend improvements to the process to reduce variances from standard cost to actual.
- Analyze actual labor, material, and overhead cost against Standard/Budget. Research and explain variances. Report this information monthly or as needed.
- Prepare analysis of fixed spending by department. Show actual vs. budget and identify and explain variances and ensure overheads are properly accounted for.
- Work with the finance department to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived.
- Support plant accounting manager’s efforts for implementing and maintaining internal controls at the plant for operations, sales and finance.
- Aide in the development of new labor and overhead rates, budget, and forecasts savings ideals, performance trackings KPIs to monitor improvement.
- Responsible for coordinating the local plant budgeting process of the variable and fixed expenses.
- Prepares, reports actual vs. budget results on monthly and quarterly presentations.
- Maintains the packaging standards costing files and tracks daily performances of packaging to earned standards.
- Support R&D, Sales and Finance team on innovation costing projects.
- Work with Finance on developing complex models to budget/forecast and analyze standard costs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- 3+ years of directly related experience required
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details
- Very strong in Excel and Power Point
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Requires excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers
The position will require some travels (about 30%) to each plant and warehouse in order to review standard costing models that represent the financial implications of the manufacturing process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Walk and stand on production floors for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Corporate working environment.
- Food Manufacturing Environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.