- The Export Supervisor must become extremely knowledgeable in product and packaging specifications, labeling requirements product age requirements, shipping protocols and accurate paperwork and documents. This includes fabrication and offal products.
- Be knowledgeable with the requirements included in the USDA Export Library concerning countries to which product is being exported.
- Export Supervisor will have full authority to accept or reject product related to specification and/or packaging issues.
- Monitor product being placed in bags/boxes correctly (Artwork is on correct side of product, product is being placed straight into bags using right grade of bags)
- Write Corrective Action Letters for customers regarding Export Issues.
- Monitor the size of bag being placed on products so the product does not have long bag tails.
- Needs to understand Torr readings on cryovacs.
- Monitor bags for any leakers or low vac’s.
- Make sure correct piece counts are correct in bags and packages in box.
- Make sure labels match what is in the box.
- Review BOL to make sure all statements are meeting the QSA requirements.
- Export Coordinators need to cover and create energy surrounding Export product.
- This position is designed to cover B shift, at times will need to work A-shift or split shifts depending on plant issues regarding exports.
- This position will be responsible for customer visit/tours.
- Liver inspection
- Oversight of export documentation
- Product shows: fab and VM