SAFETY ASSISTANT MANAGER
DATE:January 6, 2021
POSITION:ASSISTANT SAFETY MANAGER
DEPARTMENT:Safety & Occupational Health
SALARY CLASS:Non Exempt
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must have or be willing to get First Aid/CPR qualified
- Able to work in both hot and cold environments
- Bilingual is preferred
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations
- Effective at conducting training
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Flexible with respect to work hours and days, primarily 2nd shift
- Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Degree with respect to Occupational Safety and Health is preferred
- Maintain organization of all department records and files
- Create and maintain documentation of safety trainings
- Conduct authorized trainings with refreshers as well as new hires
- Assist in accident investigations including performing accident reports
- Respond to safety and health accidents or incidents as needed.
- Assist with management of the Safety Committee
- Provide support and assistance in the preparation, compilation, and distribution of safety reports
- Perform OSHA required safety audits throughout the facility
- Aid the Employment Manager and/or the Occupational Health Manager in assessing an employee’s ability to perform work tasks.
- Maintain Safety programs and ensure all requirements within each program are being performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the Safety and Health Department.
- All assistant safety manager responsibilities as assigned by Safety & Health Manager
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Open Until: Filled