LIVE PRODUCTION ACCOUNTING MANAGER
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all accounting/financial activities related to Pullet/Breeder, Hatcheries, Feed Mill, and Broiler Grow Out areas in a specific live production complex. Will work closely with operations and accounting management to reduce costs through reporting and analysis, weekly & monthly financial preparation and reporting including budgeting, to assist and direct the development of internal control procedures, standards, and compliance as it pertains to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and to insure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the Live Operations Clerical Staff that handles the daily/weekly accounting processes for the Pullet/Breeder, Hatcheries, Feed Mill, and Broiler Grow–Out departments
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for Live Production Complexes
- Preparing audit schedules for both Internal and External audit requirements.
- Supervising and directing the work, training and development of partners in the department.
- Working with Live Operation department managers to prepare both capital and operating budgets.
- Managing the process of accounting of grower pay, the purchase of outside birds and handling of special flocks.
- Ensuring proper reporting of inventories and fixed assets for all cost centers within the live production complex.
- Communicating results and findings to management on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Performing related tasks as requested.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have at least 5 years’ previous experience in accounting, preferably in Poultry industry
- Able to solve analytical accounting problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or similar ERP systems
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Confidentiality is a Must
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related experience
5-7 years experience combined operational accounting