2ND & 3RD SHIFT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN HOURLY POSITION
Plumrose is hiring for quality, motivated, people to join the our team on our warehouse as maintenance mechanic/ electrician. These positions include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Perform skilled maintenance activities including construction, welding, brazing, soldering, plumbing and hydraulics.
- Monitor all production areas to ensure proper functioning of equipment and machinery.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Adhere to Safety Procedures including, but limited to Lock Out Tag Out, Power Industrial Truck, Scissor Lift, Harness/Fall Protection, etc.
- Adjust, repair and replace electrical and electronic equipment.
- Promote and encourage safety in all aspects of maintenance.
- Complete required paperwork
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in English
- Goal oriented and possess root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to lead people toward achieving personal and plant results.
- Completes assigned responsibilities and oversees the mechanical work of equipment.
- Responsible for correcting or facilitating correctible measures when downtime results from mechanical or technical defects.
- Processes maintenance downtime report for corporate and plant management. Assigns work orders or special projects to maintenance employees
- Maintains department budget within specified guidelines.
- Conducts preoperational inspection and handles maintenance concerns of Production Supervisors to make sure operation begins as scheduled.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
- Mechanical inclination and knowledge of job specifications.
- Industrial construction experience beneficial.
- Previous hourly maintenance and supervisor experience preferred.
- Work 40+ hours per week in all areas of the plant.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades.
- Previous mechanical and related experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Tends to other duties as needed.
Education Requirements (if applicable):
- Technical schooling with mechanical or electrical emphasis helpful.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Good attendance and safety records