CATEGORY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - KROGER
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
JBS is the global leader in the animal protein industry, with JBS USA contributing over $38 Billion in revenue. JBS’ industry-leading portfolio of Beef & Pork programs deliver top category performance for our customers in Retail, Foodservice, and International channels. JBS USA is seeking an 84.51/data analytics “rock star” that will lead and strengthen our Kroger team’s capabilities and deliver best-in-class insights to help accelerate Kroger’s Beef & Pork category performance. This role will report to JBS USA Head of Beef Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This role will play an integral part in developing analytic, merchandising, assortment and strategic retail initiatives that elevate the JBS’ partnership with Kroger
- Use and understand 84.51 and IRI/Nielsen to generate actionable insights that will help drive category insights with Kroger, address issues, or capitalize on opportunities to drive sales growth.
- Work closely with the Kroger Sales team to align on strategic priorities and support through our Category Development data-driven approach
- Help lead insights development and support for the development, implementation and result tracking of the Joint Business Plan with Kroger
- Lead category insights support for Top to Top Meetings across Kroger Divisions
- Ensure insights and plans drive category growth, market share expansion and financial plan success
- Utilize information from multiple sources such as 84.51 Stratum, Market 6, IRI POS, IRI Panel, Numerator and internal research to identify growth opportunities.
- Develop into a subject matter expert in using 84.51 Stratum to understand the Kroger shopper and how strategies impact their shopper behaviors
- Develop actionable reporting to educate and enable HQ teams on Kroger’s progression
- Partner with JBS Business Units across proteins to deliver global, total meat case solutions when appropriate
- Model behaviors that support the JBS values: Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Sincerity, Discipline, and Ownership.
- Ability to align strategy, leverage multi-functional resources, and lead Market-Shopper analytics
- Strong Financial Acumen, ability to negotiate and reach win/win agreements
- Ability to sell persuasively and to collaborate with others
- Preferred Experience: 3-5 years of Kroger management, marketing, and or/sales experience in consumer packaged goods industry; RFG meat experience a plus.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of category development (management) leadership experience with demonstrated results.
- Expert in shopper insights and syndicated data management (84.51, IRI, Nielsen, or Spins), data miner, and storyteller
- Experience with planogram software (JDA/Apollo)
- Education: Bachelor Degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Computer Skills: Expert in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Position located in Cincinnati with weekly travel to Kroger offices