ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Learn and train to back up duties for Utilities, Ground Chicken Chub Machine Operator, Ground Chicken Operator, Lid Stock Operator, Process Control Worker, MX Operator and etc.
- Fill in and cover duties for Utilities, Vacuum Offal Operator, Ground Chicken Chub Machine Operator, Ground Chicken Operator, Lid Stock Operator, Process Control Worker, MX Operator and etc. when people are absent or on PTO.
- Participate in job correlations/audits and SOP reviews and revisions.
- Communicate real time results to processing support on the floor.
- Through communication with Process Control and Process Leads, monitors quality standards of product making necessary adjustments when needed
- May be asked to rotate to positions that require data collecting and recordkeeping
- Rotation between tasks and departments may be required.
- Follows all work safety policies/guidelines.
- Processes product using tools and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and GNP company product standards and procedures.
- Observes equipment operation notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues and concerns.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Processes product according to ooperaitng procedures and quality/quanitity expectations.EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organizationKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School or GED is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 6 months’ work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to pass the Prove-It test
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Basic data entry skills preferred
- Ability to communicate questions and concerns effectively to maintenance and/or leadership
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to obtain a pallet jack operator license/certificate