Senior Engineer - Fed Beef Operation
JBS Foods –The second largest global food company and the world’s largest protein producer through the Fed Beef Business Unit are looking for talented and driven professionals for a Senior Engineer role based Greeley, CO. The successful candidate will provide vision and lead execution of maintenance and engineering for four Fed Beef Plants.
- Work with beef plant`s maintenance manager regarding a reliability system to be best in class in uptime and through put.
- Lead the transition from corrective to predictive maintenance process/culture.
- Managing costs – utilities (water, electricity, and natural gas), chemicals (Food Processing and Waste Water), line efficiencies and Labor utilization.
- Develop, implement and maintain a training system to support the company mission and ensure the alignment between compensation program and skill levels.
- Provides supervision of SAP data entry/maintenance and is responsible for the plant’s preventive & predictive maintenance program.
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the PSM program.
- Remediate items identified during property loss audit.
- Drive compliance of maintenance safety training with the plant engineering.
- Work with the business leaders, direct reports and plant project team on planning and executing a capex budget that will support the long term vision of the business.
- Coordinate efforts of contractors involved with finishing construction of new or redesigned areas for plant facility while managing projects being on time, on budget and to specification.
- Assign necessary personnel to designated areas for completion of projects.
- Ensure compliance with sub-contractors safety/ISN.
- Design and execute projects that are on time, on budget and done well.
- Familiarity with governmental agencies with oversight into the Food Processing Industry including, but not limited to: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), USDA, HACCP, and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 10 years of industrial experience; prefer industry experience
- Must be Goal/Result oriented and possess root cause analysis skills
- Experience with SAP PM, project management is preferred
- Working Conditions: 50% office/ 50% traveling to the plants
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $175,000—$200,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity