At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Directs and controls warehouse activities to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing raw material and finished goods inventories. Plans and schedules department functions to ensure the prompt delivery of merchandise of the kind and in the amount ordered. Staffs, organizes, and directs operations within a warehouse to effectively manage the receipt, storage, selection, and packaging, loading, and shipping of products to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &ã€€RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Ensures products, parts, or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing departments.
- Prepares or reviews distribution documents.
- Screens and hires warehouse personnel and issues work assignments.
- Controls costs through productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of storage space, and proper protection of stored materials.
- Maintains records of inventories and location for production control and cost accounting.
- Recommends warehouse/material handling equipment needs and replacement.
- Responsible for enforcing company policies of conduct and safety and initiates disciplinary action.
- Identifies the causes of product losses and takes corrective action.
- May require travel
- May require availability outside of normal business hours
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires greater than 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Not Applicable