- Review store / DC level inventory and maintain stock levels through the utilization of analytical tools.
- Manage EDI transactions and ensure communication is successfully executed
- Execute routing of frozen and dry goods deliveries to the stores including warehouse coordination and carrier communication.
- Manage store level delivery discrepancies and remediate issues to maintain service levels
- Work with 3PL to identify root causes for service issues
- Engage transportation providers to perform service while meeting our vision, brand, contractual, and insurance requirements.
- Hire spot freight carriers and coordinate day-to-day deliveries
- Control freight costs, invoices and occupancy rate (as well as other transportation KPIs),
- Monitor carrier performance. Feedback loop & deactivation of suppliers
- Implement GPS and temperature tracking control
- Maintain/develop databases containing information from various sources to meet the needs of the business.
- Create timely ad-hoc reports on an as-needed basis.
- Support supply tactical responsibilities including receiving and product availability on an as needed basis.
- Development and maintain carrier scorecards.
- Assist management in freight planning, rate negotiations, and carrier optimization
- Dissect and analyze freight data to identify potential areas of opportunity.
- Ensure accounting records for transportation transactions are accurately paid and recorded.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, AG Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with IBM Sterling, or similar transportation software, and/or shipping industry experience highly desirable
- Acute attention to details
- Strong ability to use logic and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible, working in both team and independent settings
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to find a simple solution to a complex problem
- Skills with Microsoft Access or SQL is a bonus
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED DRUG FREE WORK PLACE