Under moderate supervision with some periods of autonomy provides clerical and administrative support to one or more functional areas of Human Resources such as recruitment and staffing, personnel records, employee or labor relations, compensation, benefits, training, and/or equal opportunity/affirmative action. Duties include checking personnel-related documents for accuracy and completeness, maintaining files and records of a confidential nature, and preparing periodic standardized reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs tasks such as setting up files on all new personnel, photographing for badges, obtaining employee numbers for new employees, and recording changes on all employee status changes as necessary (e.g., change of address, departmental transfers, rate increases, terminations, etc.).
• Processes applications, employment forms, enrollment forms, pay change requests, informational and other confidential forms and records. Enrolls new employees in various programs and explains benefits.
• Maintains and distributes, as appropriate, current employee information, policy and procedure manuals, and other communications.
• Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
• Verifies payroll entries and changes with computer printout. Checks for accuracy and reports any discrepancies to higher level personnel.
• Tracks employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason. Processes employment applications and assists in other employment activities.
• Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
• Assists with participation and summary of internal and external surveys to gather information for policy development and planning.
• Computes wages and records data for use in payroll processing. May enter data into SAP for processing.
• Performs pre-employment screenings and responds to routine questions on human resources policies and procedures; notifies higher level personnel of any potential issues and grievances, etc. Assist with the administration and scoring of aptitude, personality, and interest tests.
• Orders office supplies to support human resources operations and various special events.
• May perform new hire orientations.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Typically requires a minimum of 3 year of related experience.