SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE
Pilgrim’s is seeking a Senior Director of Ethics and Compliance for its growing team and enhanced Ethics & Compliance Program. The Senior Director will play a critical role in the development, implementation and maintenance of Pilgrim’s Ethics and Compliance Program. This position will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in Greeley, CO. This is a nationwide search.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing key components of Pilgrim’s Ethics and Compliance Program -- including policy development and implementation, communication, training, third-party due diligence, controls and risk assessments – are up-to-date and best in class.
- Working nationally and globally with business and administrative units to help prevent, detect and remedy compliance issues. This includes a focus on priority compliance issues, such as: risk identification, assessment, and mitigation; policy development, implementation and on-going review; investigations of complaints and allegations; and coordinating with Internal Audit, HR, and Financial and other business units to develop metrics for measuring and tracking risk controls and mitigation.
- Identifying and remedying, when necessary, gaps in policy development and implementation.
- Maintaining and providing training on Pilgrim’s Code of Conduct and related risk-based policies and procedures.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes that would impact Pilgrim’s Ethics and Compliance Program.
- Overseeing and supervising junior members of Pilgrim’s Ethics and Compliance Department.
- Assisting the Head of Ethics and Compliance with the day-to-day management of the Ethics and Compliance Department.
- Preparing reports to Pilgrim’s management and Board of Directors, as well as outside regulators.
- Promoting a daily “Culture of Compliance.”
- Other duties necessary to the successful design, implementation and monitoring of a best-in-class Ethics and Compliance Program.
- This position will report to Pilgrim’s Head of Ethics and Compliance.
Candidates should have:
- A minimum of 8 – 12 years of ethics and compliance experience, including drafting, implementing, and monitoring compliance programs and internal controls for large scale companies.
- Areas of experience should include at least some of the following: drafting and revising compliance policies; training on those policies; communicating those policies across the company; third party due diligence; risk assessment; and internal controls.
- Some combination of in-house, private practice and government (DOJ and/or SEC) experience is preferred.
- Experience in antitrust and / or anti-corruption compliance is preferred, although not an absolute requirement.
- Experience in conducting internal investigations, particularly with respect to complaints and allegations of violations of laws, regulations and/or company policies.
- Law Degree strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and attention-to-detail skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently and accept ownership of issue areas, while also being part of a collaborative team whose single goal is making Pilgrim’s Ethics and Compliance Program a best in class.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to give clear and practical advice and guidance.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks of differing levels of complexity.
- Ability to think proactively.
- Ability to meet realistic deadlines.
- Experience in the food processing industry is a plus, but is not required.
- Experience working with outside companies, vendors, and consultants in order to facilitate the company’s business goals while remaining compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- A commitment to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base Salary Range of $175,000- $250,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 on-site employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.