TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR
Position Title: CDL Class A Training and Development Supervisor
Location: Mt. Pleasant, TX
Reports to: Safety Director
The Safety Training and Development Supervisor provides leadership, training, coaching, and counseling to JBS Carriers Class A CDL drivers. This is achieved by following, promoting, and providing training on the established safety programs. Our goal is to attract, train and maintain the safest fleet in transportation with the goal of continually improving safety performance and employee retention.
- Provides and tracks DOT safety training to all current employees and new drivers.
- Coordinates the new driver training program. Qualify mentor trainer drivers, place new trainees with qualified mentors, and track progress through program completion.
- Reviews new driver applicants per the company’s standard eligibility requirements.
- Conducts driver safety performance reviews. Including: positive recognition, coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action.
- Investigates incidents, accidents, and work-related injuries, including accident investigation and reviews, accident reports, and maintain accident files.
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding DOT and FMCSA regulation questions to drivers and staff.
- Work with terminal management to ensure safety policies and procedures are being met.
- Utilize data, systems, and tools to identify risk behaviors and priorities, to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Assist, plan and implement safety policies and procedures, in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- Must has a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License in good standing.
- 2 to 3 years of safety-related experience in the transportation industry.
- Knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, and state transportation safety regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Strong communication skills. Verbal and written.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent punctuality and attendance.