Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers.
We are searching for a Pricing Analyst for Foodservice/Deli to drive value within Prepared Foods Business Unit. This role will report into the Director of Trade & Revenue Management and will be based at our headquarters in Greeley, CO.
This role will facilitate Foodservice & Deli pricing analysis, execution, bid/contract management & drive cross functional collaboration, process improvement and results within the Trade & Pricing team. This role will support the Pilgrim’s Sales Process (PSP) by optimizing our Foodservice & Retail Deli pricing execution, communication & negotiation across commercial customers. The role will own process improvement, drive cross-functional collaboration and develop insights that will drive the strategic planning process within the Foodservice team. Excellent communication, attention to detail, interpersonal skills and a proven ability to tactically execute is critical for this role. Candidates will be driven by data & continuous improvement in all aspects of their responsibilities.
Successful Candidates Will… be a cultural fit for Pilgrim’s and support company values and demonstrate their ability to take initiative, work independently & in coordination with a team of high performers, build meaningful relationships with cross-functional leaders to drive results, make complex analysis simple with fact based recommendations, keep complex projects organized & focus on the detail.
- Manage pricing implementation and overall national branded list pricing process, in coordination with cross-functional stakeholders including finance, category marketing & sales.
- Drive Request for Proposal (RFP) and contract management process, in coordination with sales leadership, with reach to all commercial away from home customers; national & regional chains, large leveraged operators, non-commercial contract customers & retail deli accounts.
- Manage comprehensive process of cross-functional trade guardrail development, stakeholder recommendations and systems implementation within quarterly deliverables.
- Leverage Trade Program Management (TPM) platform (Blacksmith Applications & Forge Analytics), and related databases, to produce meaningful insights that drive recommendations to stakeholders to continuously optimize spend across channels and customer types.
- Drive evaluation and on-boarding of enhanced TPM tools, or expanded functionality of existing tools, to more effectively control our Gross-To-Net (GTN) spend across sub-channels.
- Design, develop and manage gross and net price key performance indicators across products and customers to identify trends, isolate problems, and improve net sales week over week.
- Facilitate continuous improvement for all away from home trade programs including corporate accounts, local distributors, foodservice & retail operators and retail wholesalers.
- Other duties assigned.
- Models behaviors that support the Pilgrim’s values: Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Sincerity, Discipline and Ownership.
- Leverages facts and data to develop strategic recommendations and deliver results.
- Highly proficient communication skills, capable of influencing effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization as a proven collaborator and problem solver.
- Strong internal/external industry knowledge, including B-2-B and B-2-C environments, with a broad understanding of all aspects of sales/customer management.
- Proven strength in data analysis, project leadership, technology/systems utilization, process improvement and strategy development.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to drive simple and effective communication to all levels of the organization.
- 3+ years pricing, category management or equivalent experience – Foodservice/CPG preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree – business, finance, analytics/negotiation preferred.
- Travel up to 20% as needed for strategic sales support.
More About Us:
- This role is at the center of all strategic development in Foodservice. Opportunities for career expansion with our growing and high powered team are limitless for the right candidate that drives results and excels in this position.
- Headquartered in Northern CO—Fort Collins and Loveland are a 30 minute drive from the corporate office. Learn more about our corporate culture at Pilgrims.com.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees.
- Our culture promotes involvement and community service. We offer opportunities to participate in charitable causes across Northern CO communities.
- Learn more about us at Pilgrims.com and about our foodservice division at Poultry.com.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $67,000-$87,000. and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.