TRAINER (PRODUCTION) 2nd Shift
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all safety policies and expectations are being met by new hires
• Manage the overall experience of new hires from day 1 to 60 days or when the new hire becomes qualified, whichever comes first.
• Administer, track, and evaluate all new hire floor training to include but not limited to: hours of training per week, qualification status, attendance, turnover, fostering new hire/supervisor relationship, weekly meetings, other duties as assigned
• Supervise new-hires during the training period and make recommendations to management and/or Human Resources regarding training needs, concerns and continued employment.
• Develop and promote positive working relationships with new hires, peers, leaders and clients
• Meet with supervisors, Human Resources, and coordinators to review production processes and product specifications
• Participate on HR & company committees
• Fulfill the below key performance indicators: 30 and 60 day retention, minimum of 2 Safety Observations per week, JSA completions of all new hires, and others as assigned
• Meet the following expectations: instill all Pilgrims’ values, do not work on the line, no new hires moved, complete all training documents, ensure trainees are qualified timely, complete weekly meetings with new hires and supervisors, follow up with superintendent and training supervisor on any new hire issues, focus all attention and resources on new hires and their successful on boarding
• All other duties as assigned
• Highly motivational and positive, considered a great people person
• Previous training experience preferred
• Knowledgeable in all duties of the specific department
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Professional communication and demeanor
• Ability to present ideas, concepts, issues, concerns, and questions in a well thought out, positive, and professional manner to employees
• Disciplined, confident and self-starter
• Able to work independently
• Must be willing to work in a plant/industrial environment
• Must have great attendance record and be in good standing
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High School Diploma/ GED; Associates Degree or two years of college coursework in Communications, HR, or similar field preferred but not required; experience in lieu of degree will be considered.