HR COORDINATOR II
Performs professional level human resources work and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: staffing, employee relations, compensation, training, employment, labor relations, safety, affirmative action and employment equity programs, and personnel research. Responsible for day-to-day administration of policies and programs covering several or all of the following: recruiting, compensation and benefits, training, employee and labor relations, affirmative action, safety, and personnel research. May have supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Advises employees and management personnel on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs, and procedures. Conducts research to determine the effectiveness of personnel programs and policies.
• Carries out administrative work involving the human resources functions and maintains related records.
• Ensures that programs are carried out in accordance with the company's policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations governing the various human resouces processes.
• Analyzes and provides advice to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems.
• Investigates and drafts grievance replies.
• Advises line managers on personnel procedures and precedents.
• Makes presentations to explain the purpose and goal of various human resources programs.
• Develops and proposes improvements to policies, programs, and procedures to improve the effectiveness of human resources and operations.
• Assists with budget preparation of personnel area.
• Coordinates employee training and orientation programs.
• May represent organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
• May have lead or professional responsibilities over lower level support and clerical personnel.
• May serve as liaison with the community or other outside agencies with regard to human resources activities and programs.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.