The JBS Corporate Office is seeking an experienced line cook for our newly renovated cafe. Our dedicated team serves over 800 meals per day for breakfast and lunch, and operates a general schedule of Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone seeking stable employment in a dynamic environment that fosters professional growth, along with competitive pay and benefits.
- Cook and serve made-to-order grill items to customers in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Assist with catering orders, set-up and clean-up.
- Prepare the line, complete prep sheets, and stock coolers as needed.
- Propose and implement cost-effective menu options.
- Adhere to excellent Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and food safety/quality standards.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Constant bending, twisting, and occasional lifting of up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a strong understanding of, and interest for upholding excellent food safety standards and requirements.
- Able to multi-task while staying clean and orderly.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills with a natural, personable, and positive attitude.
- Works well with team members in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Proven leadership, showcases an interest in process improvement and implementation.
- 2 years or more of previous grill-to-order and/or line cook experience is strongly preferred.
- Able to provide professional references and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screen, as well as a criminal background check.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $14-16/hr;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.