Position Title: Safety Coordinator
Location: Greeley, CO
Reports to: Safety Director
- Assist in the employment onboarding process as it relates to FMCSA/DOT requirements.
- Complete Employment Verifications.
- Enter new drivers in the Qualcomm, TMW, Total Mail, DriveCam, and Comdata systems and keep changes up to date.
- Record all roadside inspections and citations responding to state agencies as needed. Enter data into TMW.
- Assist with drug and alcohol documentation and maintaining random list.
- Assist with entry of new equipment into TMW and Qualcomm.
- Take hours of service related phone calls as needed and counsel drivers with hours of service issues.
- Assist with accident and insurance research.
- Work with shop personnel to insure permit books are up to date.
- Assist with activities throughout the safety department as needed.
- Monitor DriveCam and driver logs.
- Maintain accuracy of medical cards and necessary state documentation that needs to be sent to the state yearly.
- Annual Reviews.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- One to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to communicate with drivers and state agencies.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary of $14.00/hour
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.