PILGRIM'S SUPERVISOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a 6 month management training program intended to provide rotational work experience in a challenging and collaborative environment. Trainees have the opportunity to tailor their program to experience various disciplines and areas of interest, while also exploring the foundations of the business at the facility level. The program is focused on giving participants the skills they need to read complex situations, set innovative strategies, and execute those strategies with integrity and effectiveness. Additional benefits include exposure to senior management, participation in leadership development courses, and the opportunity to make a difference in the community. Trainees will have the opportunity to lead others through various projects. The program is an excellent opportunity to give professionals the tools to be successful supervisors and operations leaders.
· Trainees will be given challenging projects aimed at providing a meaningful result to the company in the form of increased profit or decreased cost through various means (reducing turnover, increasing yield, etc.)
· Trainees will receive key learning objectives to complete during each rotation
· The last few months of the program will provide hands-on supervisor training in an area of interest to the trainee with the intention of preparing trainee for final placement in a supervisor role – this training includes responsibility for time keeping, vacation tracking, discipline, and production results
· There will be several leadership and process training sessions throughout the program
· Alignment with JBS Core Values and company culture
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Ability to demonstrate and practice leadership
· Strong desire to work in a challenging and hands-on environment