OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL-LPN
Occupational Health Professional
You must currently be licensed to practice in the state of employment, administer direct care of employees with professional expertise according to medical directives and within the scope of practice and regulations of the State Nurse Practice Act, while working under direct supervision of the Occupational Health Manager or Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Deliver direct care for employees at site according to medical directives within the scope of practice and regulations of the State Nurse Practice Act in the applied state. Adheres to health management policies, protocols, medical directives, and physician standing orders according to scope of practice.
- Provide compassionate, quality care to team members.
- Adheres to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, etc. Adheres to HIPAA compliance of confidentiality of employees’ personal health information.
- Participates in health and safety teaching of team members.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with departmental staff, complex management, supervisory staff, local healthcare providors, and third party administrator (TPA).
- Conducts all assigned and additional job tasks within legal, ethical, and moral standards of care in a professional and effective manner.
- Maintains accurate documentation and assists in departmental medical records upkeep. Provides appropriate documentation of all care provided in a professional and effective manner.
- Keeps department clean and orderly.
- Notifies Occupational Health Manager and designee of any pertinent physical and emotional changes of symptoms presented by employees.
- Other duties assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· High School Diploma Required
· Associate Degree of Nursing / Diploma Nursing Degree Required
· Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience
· Must be able to work other hours/shifts as needed
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Current LPN license in state of employment. Must obtain certification in urine drug screen and breath alcohol collections. Current CPR / First Aid /AED card required.