Hatchery Vaccine Mixer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Mixes and adds vaccines/antibiotics according to instructions.
Performs quality chick/egg evaluations as described in the hatchery quality program. This includes chick quality assessment, breeder flock egg weights, incubation % weight loss (moisture), mold breakout, specific gravity, and egg breakouts for fertility checks. Maintains all records for these checks.
Checks the Embrex machine for proper operation, makes minor repairs, as well as cleaning and sterilization of Embrex machine and room.
Checks for proper operation of hatching machines and equipment. Performs minor repairs and informs supervisor of any other problems.
Records egg settings and enters hatch on the M-Tech system.
Monitors parts and vaccine inventories and reports order requirements to the supervisor.
Performs all other tasks assigned by the supervisor as required.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Considerable skill in calculating information and compiling into report form.
· Working skill in giving instructions.
· Considerable skill in processing chicks.
· Communication skills.
· Embrex certification required or willingness to obtain.