MAINTENANCE MANAGER IN TRAINING
Job Title: Maintenance Manager in Training
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Swift Prepared Foods is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Swift Prepared Foods was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The Maintenance Managers in Training (MMIT) will be the future leaders in maintenance. MMITs will gain on-the-job training in ordered to be prepared to fill voids in plant maintenance to the capacity of supervisor, planner, or superintendent. They will train with maintenance superintendents as well as assist the Business Development & Engineering team on capital projects. They will also assist with data collection, score keeping and projecting a standardized message.
- Coordinates the development of RCA’s and action plans to solve problems and make improvements
- Assist the Business Development & Engineering team in establishing and executing capital budgets
- Ensure team member safety through training and completion/tracking of safety work orders
- Ensure food safety & quality as it relates to plant maintenance activities and programs
- Assist with plant schedule attainment as it relates to plant maintenance activities and programs
- Deliver cost KPI’s including MRO inventory & plant maintenance costs
- Oversee measurement, tracking and planning for safety, quality, repair and preventative maintenance programs
- Help set the maintenance culture for the plant and uphold Swift Prepared Foods values
- Work closely with the maintenance superintendent, planner, supervisors and maintenance director
- Monitor and analyze maintenance down time to improve production up time as efficiently as possible
- Manage, develop and maintain vendor support to ensure the most cost-effective solutions
- Make recommendations to the leadership team to improve the maintenance function
- Will require travel to other plants to assist as needed (45% or more, as business demands)
- When needed, fill vacancies of maintenance supervisors, planners and/or superintendent
- When maintenance superintendent positions open, be ready and available to fill role
- Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years of maintenance supervisor experience, 3+ years of maintenance planner experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with SAP or other CMMS programs
- Experience with repair and maintenance of manufacturing equipment
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems and PSM programs is a plus
- Willingness to relocate and/or travel as needed by business demand
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle/feel items, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear.
- Office and plant setting: the plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), and working near moving mechanical parts
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- 45% travel expectation, could be more or less depending on business need
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.