PLANT HEALTH STRATEGY MANAGER
PHM oversees development and implementation of pandemic response practices and audits adherence to those practices, ensures compliance with CDC, and OSHA requirements, and conducts root-cause analyses of plant level pandemic-related issues, monitors and documents the effectiveness of the pandemic control measures used in the facility, and ensures alignment with the plant and corporate safety program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Safety/ HR/ & Plant Manager to cultivate the plant pandemic response culture.
- Spend significant time on plant floor and in common areas, enforcing policies and identifying areas of opportunity.
- Manage COVID and absenteeism logs and on-site medical staff.
- Serve as the plant level pandemic response subject matter expert.
- Manage pandemic response resources and related departmental budgets.
- Manage plant level health crisis response team of [•] team members.
- When necessary plan, request, and assist in the hiring of new personnel.
- Work within the plant framework to foster the career growth of direct reports.
- Serve as the primary contact on pandemic issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with plant, business unit, and corporate level team members.
- Create, manage, and review site specific pandemic compliance programming.
- Appraise and implement new health regulations as they relate to plant operations.
- Ensure that team members are adequately trained in pandemic response plan procedures.
- Work as the internal incident manager, ensuring that pandemic-related emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
- Oversee, manage and ensure pandemic orientation for all new team members.
- Create and manage internal communications.
- Create network of COVID cops and ensure compliance to initiatives.
- Review all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for pandemic related issues.
- Review subcontractor pandemic programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, and CDC regulations.
- Conduct pandemic response audits. Audits will include a brief summary report noting any deviations from the pandemic response plan and corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the health and safety of workers and the public.
- Organize and conduct pandemic response training as necessary.
- When not working on COVID related items, will fill in as Supervisor/ Superintendent and begin to develop on-site training and SOP development in support of Operational Excellence initiatives.
- When not working on COVID related items, will provide corporate developed training.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prefer a minimum 10 years safety related experience.
- Four-year degree in safety, industrial hygiene or related field is preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation is preferred.
The Plant Health Strategy Manager (PHM) is required to be competent in the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Strong supervision skills
- Proven ability to lead others
- Proven Public Relations or public speaking experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate employees and communicate objectives and action plans.
- Ability to research pertinent facts, data and other information from internal and external sources
- Proficient use of computer and corresponding programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement behavioral-based safety techniques to improve/maintain response plan performance
- Ability to establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders