CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Planterra Foods is a fully funded plant-based protein start-up. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the second largest global food company and the world’s largest protein producer.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Development Manager to help us identify and evaluate opportunities for growth. This person will take a research-based approach to help form and execute strategic initiatives for Planterra. The role requires a leader who can manage projects in a fast-paced, high-growth, quickly-scaling environment while providing the necessary diligence and analysis that will assist us in making critical business decisions.
- Blend data and research findings into insightful strategic recommendations and communicate key findings to leadership
- Manage cross-functionally across the company with relevant departments including Finance, Marketing, Insights, and Sales on a variety of projects to drive Planterra’s growth strategy
- Manage end-to-end project timelines and perform due diligence, including development of investment thesis, detailed financial modelling, ane risk assessments in support of proposed transactions
- Ensure effective management of post-closing deal terms and prepare for integration
- Be creative, intellectually curious, self-starting and possess a strong work ethic
- Projects could include: product development, channel and international expansion, addressable market sizing, market landscape research, and strategic planning support
- Bachelors in Business, Finance, Economics, or related
- Experienced Merger and Acquisition (M&A) practitioner with time spent in corporate development, investment banking or other relevant finance or strategy role
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills and the ability to translate strategic objectives into action plans
- Ability to work in an environment where priorities can change quickly; a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to partner cross-functionally through strong relationship building and influencing