ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make sure that all phases of the HACCP and SSOP programs are being carried out according to the written procedures and formats which have been established.
- Review HACCP and SSOP records for completeness and correctness.
- Coordinate answers for NRs with plant supervision and management.
- Do PSR’s every hour or as required.
- Make changes to the SSOP and HACCP plans when necessary.
- Ensure employees are abiding by the GMP rules.
- Weekly and monthly reports and graphs.
- Annual review of the HACCP and SSOP plans
- Do a monthly walk through of the plant and conduct a GMP audit.
- Assist in the administration of the Quality Assurance department, to include overseeing Quality Assurance Technicians and appropriate QA compliance, in conjunction with QA Manager.
- Must have initiative and follow through on a timely basis to make sure execution and documentation are carried out to meet the established guidelines of the program.
- Any additional tasks assigned by QA and plant management on an as needed basis.
- Minimum of 2 years HACCP experience in a Poultry environment.
- Must be familiar with plant sanitation standards, guidelines and overall sanitation operations in a slaughter packaging operation.
- Thorough working knowledge of USDA food safety regulations (pertaining to HACCP/SSOP/Labeling/ Nutrition/etc.) and auditing preferred.
- HACCP Certification is required. Training available to acquire.
- SQF training and/or SQF Practitioner preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc). SAP experience preferred.
- Effective technical reading and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills.
- Good math and analytical skills.
- Strong integrity and work ethic.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; Associates Degree required. College degree in related field strongly preferred.