Position Title: Safety Coordinator
Location: Greeley, CO
Reports to: Safety Director
- Take hours of service (HOS) related phone calls and counsel drivers as needed.
- Enter any paper logs into Omnitracs ELD system as needed
- Run HOS reports and communicate violations to terminal staff and drivers.
- Review Personal Conveyance movements for compliance.
- Review and investigate all Unassigned Driving events and correct them.
- Enter driver accident history into Hire Right DAC system.
- Answer department phone calls from drivers
- Conduct equipment assignment changes in DriveCam and Omnitracs
- Review, monitor and notify drivers of medical card expirations and annual reviews
- Review and report on driver training completion in Pro-Tread/Sentix training system
- Review passenger authorization requests for approval
- Update driver CDL’s in DQ files
- Record all roadside inspections and citations responding to state agencies as needed. Enter data into TMW.
- Assist with drug and alcohol documentation and maintaining random list.
- Assist with entry of new equipment into TMW and Qualcomm.
- Assist with activities throughout the safety department as needed.
- Monitor DriveCam and driver logs.
- Maintain accuracy of medical cards and necessary state documentation that needs to be sent to the state yearly.
- Driver Annual Reviews.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Three to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to communicate with drivers and state agencies.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Better Futures Program: 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $16/hr
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.