WORKERS COMPENSATION CLAIMS MANAGER
Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
JBS is looking for a Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager to join our team at the Corporate Office.
- Oversee TPA administration and management of workers’ compensation claims
- Collect and analyze workers’ compensation data to evaluate performance of Company safety, health, and claims management goals
- Assist with data accumulation for annual insurance underwriting
- Work closely with site teams and Third Party Administrator on new and existing WC claims
- Strategic development and implementation of company return to work program
- Liaise with local medical providers to ensure high quality care provided to injured employees
- Continuous communication with Risk Manager, Third Party Administrator, WC Managers, Safety Managers, Occupational Health Nurses etc.
- Leading claims calls with WC managers, site teams, and counsel as needed to provide meaningful direction and leadership on non-litigated and litigated claims.
- Audit coordination over insurance and employee benefits accounts
- Coordinate communication with Corporate and plant safety and operations personnel regarding compliance with new insurance programs
- Coordinate access to facilities as required by insurance brokers or underwriters or safety engineering/loss prevention personnel
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; will consider candidate with significant combination of relevant education and experience
- 5 years previous experience with a Workers’ Compensation self-insured program or workers’ compensation coverage program involving large claim, multinational, high deductible (self-insured retention) multiline coverage is preferred
- Claims handling expertise
- Demonstrated commitment to leadership-driven results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with various levels of management
- Ability to manage competing projects while maintaining focus on “big picture”
- Looking for an enthusiastic team player ready to hit the ground running
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $75,000—$95,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.