TRADE PROMOTION ANALYST
Job Title: Trade Promotion Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Swift Prepared Foods is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Swift Prepared Foods was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The Trade Promotion Analyst will have a comprehensive knowledge of trade promotion concepts and experience in areas of business analysis to ensure correct accounting of trade commitments for accrual purposes, resulting in timely, accurate payments for those commitments. The Trade Promotion Analyst will also provide business support and consultation to the Sales and Category Management teams. Finally, the position will implement and oversee the Trade System to ensure compliance, accurate reporting and business recommendations are executed to drive adherence to Swift Prepared Foods strategic vision.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Team to manage contract allowances within the Dispute System.
- Implement and maintain the Dispute System for trade and promotional methodologies, master data, accrual rates, and approval workflow processes.
- Provide training of Trade System to Sales and Marketing team.
- Partner with Category Managers/Sales on “What-if” scenarios on available funding for promotional activities by creating P&L scenarios to determine margin impact.
- Ensure proper approval and recording of promotional trade accruals at time of invoicing.
- Work with Disputes Management team in clearing deductions in a timely manner.
- Manage flex spending accruals for customers and categories to include analysis of spending compared to available funds; as well as, publish timely reporting on the flex spending accruals to include customer and product category details.
- Validate and process payment requests to and on behalf of customers received from Trade Development account directors using sales reports and other input information from various sources while following budget guidelines.
- Analyze Customer Management P&L and prepare journal entries to correct funds.
- Process invoices on behalf of Brand teams and other vendors to receive reimbursements.
- Review and research system payment output compared to SAP output monthly per SOX control.
- Manage distribution and handling of checks in payment of trade funds, including voids, reissues, uncashed/escheats.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance or related area
- 2+ years of directly related experience required
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details
- Advanced abilities in Excel and PowerPoint
- Technology savvy with demonstrated ability to learn systems and processes quickly
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Requires excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively work and prioritize multiple projects
The position will require minimal travel (less than 10%).
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Walk and stand on production floors for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Corporate working environment.
- Food Manufacturing Environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.