ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with preparation of reports which summarize business activity operational expenses and variances including weekly estimates.
• Assist with the development of internal control procedures, standards and compliance.
• Ensure adequate coverage of all hourly functions and cross training for vacations, holidays, sick time, etc.
• Assist with the preparation of yearly budgets.
• Prepare reports as needed for trucking and pet food profit centers.
• Analysis of raw material receipts on a daily basis to ensure accuracy.
• Produce truck driver payroll.
• Work with internal and external audit agencies on quarterly and annual audit reviews. Participate in periodic test counts and fixed asset audits.
• Responsible for inventory controls and accuracy.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
• 1-3 years experience in plant production accounting
• Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
• Knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system, Excel and Microsoft.
• Leadership and team skills.
• Knowledge of principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
• Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and equipment.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations governing fiscal recordkeeping.
• Understanding of payroll, general ledger, accounts payable and cost accounting.
• Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.