HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
The Safety Manager at MOPAC is to ensure our Plant Site and Workforce have a place free from incident and injury through mitigation strategies and management of the plans developed and implemented. Programs developed must be maintained and measured to identify the weaknesses and the successes to ensure MOPAC is moving towards the goals set and communicated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participating in workplace safety and health planning meetings.
- Ensuring managers and supervisors have the appropriate safety and health; accident prevention; and investigation training.
- Ensure training is completed as required
- Providing leadership in developing measures and practices that that prevent accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Policies and procedures are conformed for MOPAC activities and workforce.
- Continuously monitoring the workplace for hazardous safety and health conditions.
- Ensuring completion of incident reports in a timely fashion.
- Documentation of Near Misses
- Develop an analytic strategy to ensure the identification of the plant sites weaknesses and strengths.
- Plan Development, Implementation and Monitoring for Plant Site Initiatives for Safety Program.
- Communicate findings across plant site on a regular basis and develop a plan to ensure compliance.
- Communication with Management
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
3-5 years of experience in Health and Safety or Similar Field
Must be able to work additional hours/weekends as needed.
EOE / M / F / V / Disabled