HACCP SUPERINTENDENT - $7,500 Sign-On Bonus
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
This position directs, administers, and works with all levels of plant personnel. Oversees and administers the functioning of the facility Food Safety programs (HACCP and SSOP) and those individuals associated with all facets of the program. Charged with the appropriate function and application of the working HACCP and SSOP programs. Must have initiative and follow through on a timely basis to make sure execution and documentation are carried out to meet the established guidelines of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the on-site expert to assist the facility in compliance with Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (PPC) FSQA Policies and plant procedures. Work in collaboration with facility FSQA team to ensure that all segments of the HACCP and SSOP programs are being carried out according to the written procedures and formats which have been established.
- Review HACCP and SSOP records for completeness and correctness.
- Be responsible for reassessments and changes to the SSOP and HACCP plans when necessary, perform HACCP Validations and annual review of food safety programs.
- Coordinate prompt answers for FSIS Non-Compliance records and facilitate collaboration with plant management to support PPC’s Ownership Value.
- At a minimum, complete a monthly walk through or assessment of their plants compliance to GMP requirements and communicate results with plant management at the monthly HACCP meetings.
- Provide timely reports and graphs as requested by the Business Unit (BU) Director, facility QA Manager and plant management.
- Assist in the administration of the FSQA department, to include overseeing FSQA Technicians and appropriate FSQA compliance, in conjunction with QA Manager. Displays the PPC Discipline value to ensure promptness & delivers results in an efficient manner.
- Complete additional tasks assigned by QA and Plant Manager on an as needed basis.
- Continually improve technical skills in food safety and to have a good understanding of microbiology, epidemiology and food hygiene.
- Lead Food Safety Assessment/audit when conducted.
- Answer Food Safety related questions for 3rd Party Audits.
- Minimum of 1 year HACCP experience in a Poultry environment preferred.
- Must be familiar with plant sanitation standards, guidelines and overall sanitation operations in the poultry industry (slaughter, further processing).
- Basic knowledge of FSIS regulations, including 9CFR 416 and 9CFR 417.
- Knowledge and experience with auditing preferred.
- HACCP Certification preferred but not required as training can be provided.
- GFSI (specifically BRC) training preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). SAP experience preferred.
- Effective technical reading and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills.
- Good math and analytical skills. Statistics background preferred (useful when conducting validations).
- Strong integrity and work ethic.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Travel 10% of time (approximately 4-5 trips annually), with overnight stays of 1-4 days.
- Must be able to work varying days (including occasional weekends) and shifts in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in manner so that their work is done efficiently and cooperatively with coworkers and leadership teams.
- Able to work independently and exhibit PPC’s values to uphold the Quality Pillar and FSQA Programs.
- Able to navigate processing areas and equipment.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habit throughout the facility.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents of food safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces a food safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the facility.
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, or a similar field; or five (5) years related experience and/or training, equivalent combination of education and training.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be exposed to both an office environment and the production environment of wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the production environment is usually loud.