Position Title: Driver Manager
Location: Oakwood, GA
Reports to: Terminal Manager
- Management and oversight of all port operations with container loads, including but not limited to, operations, safety, compliance, employee relations, customer service claims, and breakdown.
- Scheduling the delivery of containers to a drop yard in Savannah, GA from loading points (Gainesville, GA / Oakwood, GA and Athens, GA) Scheduling deliveries into the port from the drop yard with local Savannah based drivers. Using GA Port webaccess to obtain delivery and vessel schedules, obtain deliver and pick up PIN numbers and accurately plan drivers for on time delivery.
- Keeping track of equipment location, load holdover days and container fueling.
- Maintain effective communication with load planners/driver managers and customer service representatives to ensure on-time delivery and load accuracy.
- Assist as needed with respect to HR-led initiatives, including but not limited to, submitting documents to payroll, issuance of disciplinary action, and general communication between driver and management.
- Administer daily and weekly business-related reporting.
- Assist with appointments and scheduling, load building and drive cam reviews.
- General experience in the trucking industry.
- Proficient in general computer software.
- Experience working in TMW and/or Qualcomm is beneficial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of FMSCA Hours of Service and Compliance.
- Strong time management skills and able to prioritize effectively
- A proven leader and team player, dependable, consistent, and reliable.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Better Futures Program: 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.