FEED MILL QA SPECIALIST
Oversee all quality assurance responsibilities of feed mill facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow Pilgrim's standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation based on the prescribed requirements of the Food Safety Plan, Quality Assurance Manual and 5S principles.
- Observes the precision and accuracy of manufacturing equipment, measurement, and analytical equipment in the facility.
- Analyze, inspect and grade inbound ingredients and manufactured feeds.
- Follow procedures to control non-conforming material and observes the methods to adequately reject, dispose or rework non-conforming products.
- Daily scaling, mixing, cooling, metering and sampling of products.
- Reviews the Pilgrim's prescribed tabulation of data concerning ingredients, products, or process quality and reliability.
- Identify and report Food Safety and quality issues.
Decisions are varied and may require solutions to be developed.
Work requires the use of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or standards. Moderate analytic ability is required in the application of guidelines, policies, and procedures and in gathering and interpreting data in cases for problems of moderate difficulty or complexity.
INTERNAL; Internal communication is required on a daily basis with Clerical, Technical, Supervisor level positions.
EXTERNAL; External communication may be required on a weekly basis with Professional or Director level positions.
Routine discomforts from exposure to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness, and unpleasant air conditions. May involve routine exposure to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as cleaning solutions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Work related experience in the manufacturing of feeds is preferred. Work related experience in Quality Assurance methods is preferred.