ASSISTANT HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER IN TRAINING
This position plans and administers policies relating to all phases of HR activity by performing the following duties or through subordinate supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the HR manager with day to day activities including:
- Identifies legal requirements and governmental reporting regulations.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill salaried and hourly positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientation.
- Keeps records of benefits plans.
- Coordinates management training.
- Oversees and administers complex compensation programs.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee-related issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers benefits programs.
- Union interactions and grievances
- 5 years’ experience in HR management or supervision required
- Broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- General knowledge of benefits and compensation administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and HR-SAP)
- Ability to relocate to other Pilgrim’s facilities if HR Manager positions become available
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or equivalent; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and training.